Friday, 3 October 2008

IT Customer Satisfaction

I spoke this week at the Australian Computer Society September forum and mentioned a quote from Gartner.

"More than 50% of users will be dissatisfied with the slow rate of IT change in their enterprises by 2013, up from 30% in 2008" (click here to see the whole article)

My point is that this statement, like many others in the history of the computer industry, can be proved wrong. This will only happen if there is commitment between IT people and users.

My question is, " is Gartner correct that the current level of dissatisfaction 30%?" What is your experience as a user or IT professional? What would need to change for this to be reversed?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Customers have faith in my work

I have a advertising agency and I am always over loaded with work. I have to sit hours together on my pc designing various ads. My work doubled whenever my programs used to get corrupt due to trojans in spite of anti spyware software. All my hard work would be in vain and completion of my assignments would be delayed. But then I got to know about www.search-and-destroy.com. This got me out of all these problems. Now my pc works with double speed and all my work gets completed soon. My customers have faith

Graeme Marks said...

It's great when customers have faith in your work. If you're overloaded with work, consider putting your prices up! You may get less work but more revenue. This is part of the benefit of Total Customer Engagement. You might like to look at my other blog - http://totalcustomerengagement.blogspot.com/
if you add value, you can charge for it.

The problems of corruption due virus are a pain in the neck and I'm glad you've found a solution. I'm a PC fan. I had a MAC and I went back! I'm told that MAC users don't have a problem with viruses. Given you're in the advertising industry - maybe that's a good way to address the virus issue - but it seems you've now solved the problem.