A: Because we can!!
Contact centres seem to have more quantative KPI's than any other department in our organisations. We measure talk time, service levels, average speed of answer, abandonment rate... the list goes on. One of the reasons we measure these, I suspect, is because the information is readily available from the telephone equipment.
What about measuring customer satisfaction, 1st call resolutions, customer retention, revenue etc? These are much harder to measure but deliver real value to the business.
In this month's blog, I invite you to tell us what you measure in your contact centres and most impartantly, why do you measure them?
Tuesday, 1 May 2007
Q: Why do we measure what we measure in contact centres?
Labels:
Customer Retention,
KPIs,
Metrics,
Talk Time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I've focussed on metrics that I think are directly related to customer satisfaction and that are less likely to lead to "anti customer" practices just to increase the KPI.
As such I have never focussed on talk time (unless a particular team member was talking for excessively long periods and then we would give them a guide - although I still never measured it).
My key focus was on customer satisfaction and 1st call resolve.
In my last role as a call centre manager we took 1st call resolve from 10% to over 70%! That was a great way to have happy customers.
I also reviewed number of calls closed by team member. Again this was never used as a formal metric because I felt there was a large risk of it generating "anti-customer" behaviour. If a team member had consistently low numbers I would use that as an indicator that the team member probably needed additional COACH support.
Try and pick metrics that are going to support the values of your team and the drive to provide excellent customer service. Trust your team! (Micromanging them by statistics will never produce the best result!)
Have a great day,
Brad.
www.improvingpeople.com.au
Post a Comment